Monday, October 18, 2010

Filtered Self Portrait

The object of this project was to take a picture of ourselves, on photo booth, or with a camera, and take the layer and duplicate it so that we have 9 of the same picture. Then we could rotate it, and filter it so it had a different effect. Some of the filters I used were mosaics, glow, and stained glass. These made the pictures look really cool. The mosaic one was one of my favorites because it made my picture look really awesome and it divided my picture into little sections. I also liked the filter that made my picture turquoise/teal/white, because those are my favorite colors. Then we had to emphasize the lines so you could tell where each picture's border was. Then we were supposed to add a background design that we really liked. I added a Vera Bradley background from their pattern called "Hope Garden". I really enjoyed this project !

1 comment:

  1. hi karen -- this blog looks great! i love these images and i appreciate your comments about them. looking forward to seeing what you come up with next...
    best,
    ms b

    ReplyDelete